Vassalboro Board of Selectmen
Minutes of the Meeting
October 27, 2011
Members Present: Rob Browne and Lauchlin Titus
Members Absent: Phil Haines
Others Present: Mary Sabins, Mary Grow, David Jenney, Rick Denico, Sr.; Rick Denico, Jr.; Nikki Wasilewski, and George Gould.
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Selectman Titus at 7:00 p.m.
2. Minutes – On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to approve the minutes of the 10/13/11 meeting as written.
3.Recreation Department grant – Before the discussion began on the grant application, Recreation Director Nicole Wasilewski inquired of and received approval from the Board to put up signs at the recreation fields to keep dogs off the fields. The need for clean up of dog feces from the fields continues to be an ongoing problem. Nicole then distributed copies of the proposed budget for the grant application, and discussion was given about the scope of work planned. Because the grant is a reimbursable grant and the Town would need to pay money up front, the Board and Nicole worked to reduce the scope of the work to a manageable and affordable project. All parties agreed that the grant application should include the field drainage improvements, a new septic system, a plan to retrofit the existing snack shack bathroom to be a handicap accessible bathroom, and handicap bridges to provide access from one field to another.
4. Personnel Handbook – This item was tabled until the next meeting to allow time for Selectmen and staff to review the attorney’s comments on the proposed policy.
5. Registrar’s hours – On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to set the Registrar of Voters hours on November 3rd to be open until 7:00 p.m. for the purpose of absentee voting and voter registration.
6. Reports – a. Status Report – The Board acknowledged receipt of the information for the status report, but took no formal action on it. b. Road Report - On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented. c. Financial Report - On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented.
7. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #19 and #20.
8.Other – 1. David Jenney inquired about the status of the Energy Grant implementation and brief discussion was given.
9. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 11/10/11 with the following amendments: None.