Vassalboro Board of Selectmen
Minutes of the Meeting
October 10, 2013
Members Present: Rob Browne and Lauchlin Titus
Members Absent: Phil Haines
Others Present: Mary Sabins, Mary Grow, and Jim Jurdak
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Titus at 7:00 p.m.
2. Minutes – On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to accept the minutes of the 9/26/13 meeting as written.
3. Public Hearing for Automobile Graveyard and Hobbyist Permits – Chairman Titus opened the public hearing at 7:03 p.m. New applicant Jim Jurdak was present to answer any questions about his application. Chairman Titus stated that he had read the permits as drafted and proposed by the Code Enforcement Officer Dan Feeney and found a possible error on Mr. Jurdak’s permit that appeared to have been copied and pasted from another similar permit. The draft permit addressed the sale of used cars. Mr. Jurdak indicated that he has no plans to sell used cars, so that line on the permit was red lined. There being no further comment, the public hearing was closed at 7:04 p.m. On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to accept and approve the following permits as proposed and amended:
Ron’s Parts Inc. at 510 Main St; Tax Map 12, Lot 3
Garnett Motors at 1616 N Belfast Ave; Tax Map 9, Lot 90
Bondo’s at 471 Taber Hill Rd; Tax Map 8, Lot 13
Freddie’s at 163 S Stanley Hill Rd; Tax Map 12, Lot 22
Autowerkes at Ritch Rd; Tax Map 9, Lot 105
Antiques of Maine at 148 Priest Hill Rd, Tax Map 8, Lot 158
Weeks Mills Garage at 1499 Riverside Dr; Tax Map 2, Lot 86
And the following Automobile Hobbyist Permits:
Keith Lemieux at 79 Priest Hill Rd; Tax Map 008, Lot 151
Bob Dore 919 Church Hill Road; Tax Map 001, Lot 174
James Jurdak 7 Baker Road; Tax map19, lot(s) 17&18
4. Reports – a. Status Report – No report. b. Road Report - On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented. c. Police Report - On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented.
5. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #19 and #20.
6. Other – 1. It was noted that the Town had won first place in the annual MMA Town Report Competition this year. A framed certificate award was presented earlier to the town and made available at the meeting. 2. L. Titus stated that he planned to attend the meeting at the KVCOG office in Fairfield on October 29th to learn about Tax Incremental Financing (TIF) opportunities for Summit Gas.
7. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 7:18 p.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 10/22/13 with the following amendments: None.