Members Present: Lauchlin Titus and Phil Haines
Members Absent: Rob Browne
Others Present: Mary Sabins, Mary Grow, Cathy Coyne, Debbie Johnston, Ron Weeks, Wayne Weeks and four other members of the Weeks family, Betsy Poulin, and John Melrose
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Haines at 7:00 p.m.
2. Minutes – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to accept the minutes of the 9/24/15 meeting as written.
3. Weeks Road name change – Tom Hineman was unable to attend the meeting, so this agenda item was tabled until the November 5th meeting. Wayne Weeks stated that he had found the Weeks Road street sign in the ditch and wants it put back up. Sabins instructed him to return the sign to the town office and she would get it to the public works staff.
The Weeks family, Cathy Coyne, and Debbie Johnston all left the meeting at this time.
4. Tax Acquired Property – After discussion with John Melrose about the Kennebec Land Trust’s possible interest in this property because the parcel abuts their land, and on a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to have Sabins advertise disposal of the tax acquired property with a minimum bid of $2,000 and a November 5th bid deadline.
5. Other – 1. Betsy Poulin, Chair of the Conservation Commission, requested to place the Conservation Commission on the next Selectmen’s meeting agenda.
6. Holiday hours – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Selectmen voted unanimously to close town business for the Christmas holiday at noon on Thursday, December 24th and all day on Friday, December 25th. There will be no Selectmen’s meeting on Thursday, December 31st. Friday, January 1, 2016 is a holiday when no town business will be conducted.
7. Reports – a. Road Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented. b. Police Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented. c. First Responders’ Report – No report was available.
8. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #21 and #22.
9. Other – 1. L. Titus inquired if Ken Fletcher was still planning to attend the Oct. 22nd Selectmen’s meeting to discuss a trash disposal option in the post-2018 PERC era. L. Titus discussed the production of methane gas in a compost/manure combo mix. He has spoken with someone in the know about this technique. L. Titus is looking forward to Mr. Fletcher’s presentation and is curious to know where Mr. Fletcher stands on the MRC’s proposed trash disposal option with the new Fiberight Company.
10. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 p.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 10/22/15 with the following amendments: None.