Members Present: Rob Browne, Lauchlin Titus, and Phil Haines
Others Present: Mary Sabins and Mary Grow
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Haines at 6:58 p.m.
2. Minutes – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the minutes of the 5/7/15 meeting as written.
3. Transfer Station Trash Compactor – The Board reviewed email correspondence between Transfer Station Manager George Hamar and The Valley Company who repairs and refurbishes our trash compactor. The Town compactor was diagnosed to have a minor cylinder seal leak, and the compactor floor, wall, and shoes are all worn. Total parts and labor to repair and refurbish the compactor to buy us an estimated 3-5 years of additional life expectancy for the compactor is estimated at about $5,000. After discussion, and on a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to go ahead with the repairs to the Transfer Station compactor, estimated to be around $5,000.
4. Bog Road survey pin – It was explained that resident Ed Cleary came to the office to speak with Assessor Ellery Bane about the fact that 20 years ago (more or less) when the Bradley Lane subdivision was approved on the Bog Road, the survey pin for Ed’s property and the town property was moved 20 feet, and Ed is inquiring if the Town plans to do anything about it. The Board of Selectmen reviewed a Planning Board approved copy of the old subdivision map and it appears on the map as though the Town and Mr. Cleary gained 16 feet, not lost it. Having no knowledge of the matter or the details of the subdivision, and it now being many years after-the-fact, the Board of Selectmen decided by consensus to take no action on this agenda item.
5. Town Manager’s evaluation and contract discussions– By consensus, the Board agreed to conduct the Town Manager’s evaluation and contract discussions at the end of the regular Selectmen’s meeting to be held on June 4th. Of the sample evaluation forms provided by Sabins to the Board, the Board selected the long evaluation form for the process.
6. Reports – a. Road Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented. b. Financial Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented.
7. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #71 and #72.
8. Other – 1. The Board signed three copies of the Spirit of America Award certificate that will be presented at Town Meeting. Sabins will select the neatest looking one of the three and frame it.
9. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 p.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 6/4/15 with the following amendments: None.