Members Present: Rob Browne, Lauchlin Titus, and Phil Haines
Others Present: Mary Sabins and Mary Grow
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Haines at 5:55 p.m.
2. Minutes – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the minutes of the 2/25/16 meeting as written.
3. Solid Waste Disposal Options – Sabins distributed a spreadsheet containing the names of five different disposal options and the tipping price for each one. After discussion, and on a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to support the MRC/Fiberight proposal and to present it at town meeting for voter approval.
4. Pemco Streetlight service proposal – The Board reviewed and discussed the written proposal provided in the agenda packet. Selectman Titus stated that the use of LED light fixtures for streetlights really interested him as a cost saving and energy saving measure. After brief discussion, the Board agreed by consensus to allow time on an upcoming agenda after budget deliberations are completed to hear a presentation by the Pemco representatives.
5. Budget discussion – The Board members agreed they did not have anything further pertaining to the budget to talk about at this meeting. Sabins informed the Board that she had spoken with the County Administrator today and it appears the Town’s contribution to the county budget next fiscal year will be going down $1,570 from the current budget.
6. Reports – a. Road Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented. b. Police Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented.
7. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #52 and #53.
8. Other – 1. The Board gave Sabins permission to seek a landscaper and/or gardener’s help and to spend some money to improve the appearance of the shrubs and flower beds around the town office. 2. The Board reviewed choices they made concerning the “In Memoriam” section of the town report and decided to make no further additions or changes.
9. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 6:37 p.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 3/24/16 with the following amendments: None.