Vassalboro Board of Selectmen
Minutes of the Meeting
July 16, 2009
Members Present: Rob Browne, Phil Haines, and Lauchlin Titus (7:05)
Others Present: Mary Sabins, David Jenney, Phil and Patricia Innes, and Mary Grow
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Browne at 7:00 p.m.
2 .Minutes – On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to approve the minutes of the 6/18/09 meeting as written.
3. Treasurer’s Warrants – The Board approved and signed warrants #2, #3, and #4.
4. New Business (taken out of agenda order) a. Boundary agreement – All parties involved had received a copy of the boundary agreement between the Town and the
Inneses at the Webber Pond Boat Launch and parking lot to be signed for review prior to tonight’s meeting. On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to accept and sign the agreement as prepared. All parties signed the agreement.
5. Reports – a. Status report – Sabins reviewed each item on the report. A plan was discussed to start the process to appoint a new Cemetery Committee. Sabins has drafted an invitation letter for residents interested in serving on the committee, or sharing cemetery knowledge with those who do volunteer to serve on the committee, to come to the August 12th Selectmen’s meeting for discussion on the matter. The Board reviewed and discussed the names on the mailing list to which the letter will be sent. b. Road report – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to approve the Road Report. c. Financial Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to approve the Financial Report. d. Police Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to
approve the Police Report.
6. New Business (revisited) – b. GIS mapping bid – Brief discussion was given about the low bid of the four bids received. Sabins stated that she had checked the references and recommended that the Board award the bid to Kappa Mapping/Dirigo Spatial Systems, Inc. for the bid amount of $5,980. On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to award the bid to Kappa Mapping/Dirigo Spatial Systems, Inc. for the amount of $5,980 and to authorize the Town Manager to enter into a contract agreement with that
company on behalf of the Board of Selectmen. c. Glacial Energy – The Board briefly discussed this unsolicited proposal to purchase our energy from Glacial Energy to save on energy costs. The Board agreed to hear a proposal from the company at the September meeting. d. MMA Officers ballot – On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to vote for Mark Green for vice president of MMA.
7. Other – 1. A letter from the County Commissioner’s office was read concerning the upcoming caucus for the county budget committee. No action taken. 2. An invitation to meet from the Spectrum Generations agency was read. No action taken. 3. An invitation to meet from the Redington Memorial Home was read. No action taken. 4. Sabins informed the Board that the gate boards in the China Lake dam need to be replaced. She is working with the Kennebec Water District to make a plan for board replacement.
8. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 8/12/09 with the following amendments: None.