Vassalboro Board of Selectmen
Minutes of the Meeting
January 30, 2014
Members Present: Rob Browne, Lauchlin Titus, and Phil Haines
Others Present: Mary Sabins, Mary Grow, and abatement applicant (7:20).
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Titus at 7:00 p.m.
2. Minutes – On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the minutes of the 1/16/14 meeting as written.
3. Liquor License for Natanis Golf Course – Sabins stated that she had made the annual call to the State Liquor Licensing Inspector Craig McCabe to determine if there was any reason to his knowledge that the Town should not renew the license. Mr. McCabe confirmed he had no problem with the Town renewing the license. On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted to renew the liquor license for Natanis Golf Course. Selectman R. Browne abstained from the discussion and vote as he is the co-owner of Natanis.
4. Reports – a. Road Report - On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented.
5. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #38 and #39.
6. Other – 1. Sabins read the resignation letter of Dr. John Burke from the appointed position of Health Officer. Discussion was given as to possible replacement and suggestions were made. Sabins will follow up and approach the individual suggested to see if that individual would be willing to accept the appointment. 2. Sabins inquired if the Board would be willing to give an extension to Spectrum Generations to submit their petition request for funding at town meeting, since their petition circulator passed away unexpectedly on Jan. 15th and the petition he was circulating cannot be located. The Board approved an extension until Monday, Feb. 3rd. 3. On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously at 7:20 p.m. to enter into an executive session to deliberate over an application for property abatement pursuant to 36 MRSA section 841. The Board returned to open session at 7:25 p.m. and on a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to abate all 2011 taxes, interest, and costs for the applicant (case #14-01).
7. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 7:28 p.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 2/27/14 with the following amendments: None.