Vassalboro Board of Selectmen
Minutes of the Meeting
January 21, 2010
Members Present: Rob Browne, Lauchlin Titus, and Phil Haines
Others Present: Mary Sabins and Mary Grow
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Browne at 8:05 p.m. The meeting began later than usual due to the 6:00 p.m. AOS Budget Vote that was held at the Winslow High School this evening. The Selectmen and the Town Manager attended the meeting in Winslow and returned to the Vassalboro Town Office for the Selectmen’s meeting.
2. Minutes – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to approve the minutes of the 1/7/10 meeting as written.
3. New Business – a. Spirit of America Award – The Board set March 4th as the date for the award presentation. Discussion was also given about the refreshments for the event and who should be invited to attend. b. Foreclosure list – The Board briefly reviewed and discussed the list of unpaid 2007 taxes that will foreclose on March 4, 2010.
4. Reports – a. Status report – no action taken. b. Road report – On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to accept the road report as written. c. Financial report – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to accept the financial report as written.
5. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #46 and #47.
6. Other – 1. Energy grant – L. Titus stated that he had received a phone call from a company offering assistance to the town to implement the energy efficiency planning grant. The Town has not yet received official notification that we have been awarded the grant.
7. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 2/4/10 with the following amendments: None