Vassalboro Board of Selectmen
Special Selectmen’s Meeting
Minutes of the Meeting
August 4, 2011
Members Present: Rob Browne and Phil Haines
Members Absent: Lauchlin Titus
Others Present: Mary Sabins
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Haines at 8:50 a.m.
2. Mil rate – After brief discussion and on a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to set the mil rate for the 2011 taxes at $10.00 per thousand.
3. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by R. Browne, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #6 and #7.
4. Other – 1. Sabins told the Board of a complaint she had received this morning from the abutting landowner to the Rt. #3 boat launch area. Members of the public using the boat launch area are trespassing on her land, using her float, and taking personal items from her property. Discussion was given as to a possible remedy. Sabins will investigate putting up a sign and ask the CRLA group about placing some plantings in the area to discourage trespassing.
5. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 8/18/11with the following amendments: None.