Vassalboro Board of Selectmen
Special Selectmen’s Meeting
Minutes of the Meeting
August 2, 2012
Members Present: Rob Browne, Lauchlin Titus, and Phil Haines
Others Present: Mary Sabins, Mary Grow, Susan Cover, and Assessor Ellery Bane
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Browne at 9:00 a.m.
2. Mil rate – Town Manager Sabins introduced the three mil rate options that were presented to the Board. All of the options were within the scope of the anticipated mil rate increase of approximately one mil. After brief discussion and on a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to set the mil rate at $11.00 per thousand as recommended by the Town Manager.
3. Banking bid – The Board members expressed pleasure that the local Credit Union Bank had submitted a proposal. With little discussion, and on a motion made by P. Haines, seconded by L. Titus, the Board voted unanimously to award the banking bid to Maine Savings Credit Union. Sabins informed the Board that she would begin the process right away to open the new checking account, and would plan to transfer the required minimum balance of $20,000 into the new checking account. The Board approved this action without a formal vote.
4. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by P. Haines, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #12 and #13.
5. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 9:12 a.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on August 16, 2012 with the following amendments: None.