Members Present: Rob Browne, Lauchlin Titus, and Phil Haines
Others Present: Mary Sabins, Mary Grow, Edward Wright of James W. Sewall Company representing Pemco, Kim Bershin and Josh Heald of Pemco via telephone conference, and Gene Field (9:10)
1. Call to order – The meeting was called to order by Chairman Haines at 9:00 a.m.
2. Minutes – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the minutes of the 4/7/16 meeting as written.
3. Pemco presentation – The Selectmen participated in a telephone conference call with Pemco Representative Josh Heald as Josh described his company’s proposal to perform all services required to upgrade the existing street lighting equipment with a new LED street lighting system, and to maintain the system for a ten year contract period after which time the town could buy out the contract, or extend the contract for continued service. An extended question and answer period ensued as the Board learned more about Pemco’s proposal. No formal action was taken by the Board today, as a ruling from the Public Utilities Commission concerning the leasing of CMP poles needs to be obtained before any further action on this proposal can be considered.
4. Town Meeting Warrant – Sabins distributed an updated version of the warrant containing the recently voted recommendations of the budget committee. After brief discussion on the other minor wording changes made by Sabins, a motion was then made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, and voted unanimously by the Board to sign the town meeting warrant as presented.
5. Election workers – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to appoint the list of election workers as prepared by Town Clerk Cathy Coyne.
6. Reports – a. Road Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented. Gene Field was present at the meeting and had a brief discussion with the Board about an excavator rental agreement he had tentatively made with the equipment rental company. The Selectmen supported his proposal as long as the expenditure for the equipment remains within budget. Gene also invited the Board to tour the roads with him to evaluate the road work projects that need to be done. b. Financial Report - On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to accept the report as presented.
7. Treasurer’s Warrants – On a motion made by L. Titus, seconded by R. Browne, the Board voted unanimously to approve warrants #59 and #60.
8. Other – 1. Receipt of a list of the value of services received through membership with MMA was noted. 2. Sabins discussed the practice of performing wedding ceremonies by office staff notaries within the town office during town office hours. The Board supported Sabins’ proposal to have the revenue from those services be retained by the town.
9. Adjourn – There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 10:05 a.m.
These minutes were read and accepted by the Board of Selectmen on 5/5/16 with the following amendments: None.