Town of Vassalboro
Board of Selectmen’s Meeting
7:00 P.M. Vassalboro Town Office
*Monday, August 8, 2016
*Note different day than usual
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Minutes: Review and approve the minutes of the July 13, 2016 meeting.
3. Sign CMP pole location permit.
4. Discuss public hearing date and arrangements needed on the November ballot for the proposed adoption of the revised Shoreland Zone Ordinance.
5. Discuss possible inclusion of a referendum question on the November ballot seeking voter approval to move forward with the sidewalk grant project in East Vassalboro.
6. Discuss and set mil rate for FY 2016-17 taxes.
7. Discuss and possibly adopt resolution to authorize Mary Sabins to sign MRC Joinder Agreement.
8. Accept resignation of Police Chief Dick Phippen and discuss replacement.
a. Road Report
b. First Responder’s Report
c. Police Report
d. Financial Report
10. Sign Treasurer’s Warrants
11. Other items as may be presented by the Town Manager or Board of Selectmen.
1. Request for town payment of portable toilet services during Vassalboro Days.
2. Update on Senior Citizens Working Group efforts.
3. Reappoint Tom Richards to the Cemetery Committee
12. Executive session pursuant to 36 MRSA Section 841.
Current schedule of future Selectmen’s meetings:
Thursday, September 8, 2016 – Selectmen’s Meeting – 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 22, 2016 – Selectmen’s Meeting – 7:00 p.m.