VASSALBORO PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of December 6th, 2016
Vassalboro Town Hall
Board Members Present:
Ginny Brackett, Chair; Betsy Poulin, Doug Phillips, John Philips, Sally Butler, Mary Stevens
Public: Mary Grow, Deborah Jacobs, Robert Rosso, Kristen Willis, Misty Coolidge, Leo Barnett, Dan Charest
Staff: Richard Dolby, CEO
1. Call Planning Board Meeting to order at 7:00 P.M.
2. The Board welcomed those present, and introduced the Board Members.
3. The Board opened with the Commercial Medical Marijuana project previously tabled at the November meeting.
4. Members of the public were asked to express the area’s of concern they had for the Board to consider during their deliberations.
Security – concern that potential criminals might target the facility,
The potential noise, fumes, traffic increase, waste water disposal, and solid waste disposal. They also expressed a general discomfort with the facility being allowed to locate in the Town of Vassalboro in general terms.
5. The Board reviewed the site plan submission and updated application which had been completed as a minor project and reviewed the newly submitted application as a major project.
6. The Board found the submission complete and completed a line by line review, finding each item had been addressed as required in the performance standards the project was approved.
7. The Board reviewed the shoreland zoning permit submitted for 119 Pleasant Point Rd which involved the construction of a deck within the required 100’ setback and the construction of a roof over an existing deck constructed using the maximum 15% allowable floor area.
8. The Board found no potential for approval of the deck constructed within the required setback; they did however find no problem with the construction of a roof over the existing deck. They noted that the deck could not be enclosed in any manner including the placement of screening.
9. The Board found no difficulty with the construction of a 4’ stair/walkway to the waters edge.
10. The Board inquired how the CEO would address the construction of the deck which was accomplished without benefit of a permit. The CEO noted the property owner would be advised it must be removed. The deck area to be removed is 12’ X 16’.
11. The Board reviewed the submission of Dan Charest for an expansion of the commercial building on Cushnoc Rd. it is operated as a Medical Marijuana Facility and the expansion will permit the space proposed to be utilized as either storage of equipment, or additional growing facility as needed.
12. The Board found the submission complete and completed a line by line review, finding each item had been addressed as required in the performance standards the project was approved.
13. Adjourned, 9:45 P.M.
Richard A. Dolby, CEO