Vassalboro Conservation Commission Meeting
September 24, 2015, 7pm
Attendees: Betsy Poulin – Chair/Secretary, Holly Weidner, David Jenney, Betsy Poulin, Steve Jones,
1. Trail Report
2. Stewardship at Town Forest
5. Maine Conservation Commission Membership
6. Land Trust News
7. Planning Board Updates
8. Next Meeting Date
- Trail Report
- Trail Day: September 26 at 9am-12pm, Holly is the Coordinator
- Victor and the Kids from REACH will probably be helping
- DR Trimmer might be available
- Chainsaw work – Dave Jenney could possibly help at 10am
- Stewardship at Town Forest
- Suzy Griffiths has been contacted about being a steward, but hasn’t decided yet
- Town had a cookout on September 13th for volunteers and staff. Bicycle event was
having the finish line at VCS.
- Consider Connecting with Bicycle Coalition of Maine for bike loop routes or a Bike & Hike?
- Revive the Bert & I Road Race?
- $30-$60/sign for 9”x12” aluminum (Minuteman in Augusta)
- Got other signage company names from the Town
- Bri Designs – 80 High Street in Oakland. 649-2888. Brian Ames Jr.
- DJ’s Municipal Supply – Does road name signs
- White Signs
- Maine Conservation Commission Membership
- Have we been billed?
- They have had a change in leadership recently.
- Helped the VCC determine how a Conservation Commission should function and how to develop ordinances.
- Should re-evaluate membership.
- Land Trust News
- 47 Daisies Farm on Webber Pond Road has a lease with KLT to grow vegetables. Contacts: Harmony & Dylan Dillaway
- Planning Board Updates
- Shoreland Zoning Updates to be discussed
- Project related to shoreland zoning could be considered by VCC
- Next Meeting/Event Dates
- Next Meeting: Thursday November 19, 2015