Vassalboro Conservation Commission Meeting
November 19, 2015, 7pm
Attendees: Betsy Poulin: Chair/Secretary, Holly Weidner, David Jenney, Mary-Ellen Johnston
Absent: Steve Jones
1. Project Canopy
2. Shoreland Zoning Updates
3. Next Meeting Date
- Project Canopy
- Should the Forest Management Plan be redone? What is the cost?
- Management Plan exists for both the Town Forest and Vassalboro Community School. As far as we know, no harvests have occurred, except for land clearing for ballfields since plans were created.
- A walk-through would help determine what it is worth for stumpage.
- Consider a project like a Stormwater Garden through Project Canopy which would go along with Shoreland Zoning updates and water quality. Maybe at China Lake Landing? Could incorporate signage for education/interpretation.
- There isn’t enough time this year to make this happen, maybe next year
- Shoreland Zoning Updates
- There needs to be a good record keeping system about development on the waterfront.
- Does the assessor have accurate records? All properties should be measured to get this point in time.
- China has a Phosphorous Control Ordinance that we should look at in relation to Vassalboro.
- Offer help to Planning Board for planting standards, should those be wanted.
- MDEP is coming to do a workshop in Vassalboro on Thursday
- Next Meeting/Event Dates
- Next Meeting: Thursday January 21, 2016
- Shoreland Zoning Meeting with MDEP’s Colin Clarke with Selectmen, Planning Board: Thursday November 19, 2015